- Everyone’s favorite lazy egg meets Japan’s favorite musical instrument plaything in this adorable special edition full-featured Sanrio Otamatone Deluxe!
- BEST SELLING – One of Japan's BEST Selling Musical Instruments Plaything, the Deluxe is a full-sized, professional musician-grade Otamatone.
- FUN & EASY TO PLAY - You can create different sounds and pitches by pressing down the middle part of the Otamatone. By sliding your finger up and down, you can create higher and lower tones.
- TURN IT UP – Connect to headphones, amps, and speakers with the 3.5mm stereo jack
- Powered By: 3 x AAA Batteries
Gudetama is everyone’s favorite lazy egg with its can’t-be-bothered attitude! Gudetama’s name describes itself literally – gude is Japanese for “lazy” and tama is a shortened version of the Japanese word tamago, which means egg. Originally created and placed 2nd in a Sanrio competition to find a new food-based character in 2013, Gudetama's lackadaisical attitude and nature have resonated and grown in popularity amongst fans all over the world.
What is an Otamatone?
The Otamatone is a cute, quirky, and fun-to-play electronic musical toy characterized by its eighth note-shaped body, adorable moving mouth, and silly, buzzing, amusingly off-key "voice." Developed by design firm Maywa Denki, it was first released in Japan in 2009 and has been the country's best-selling musical toy ever since.
Innovative, unique, and now a popular toy worldwide, the Otamatone has earned high praise from fans and the toy industry alike, including the Japan Toy Association's grand prize Japanese Toy Award in their 'High Target' toy division.
How does it work?
The Otamatone creates electronic tones that you can control based on the position of your finger on the touch-sensitive fretboard. Use a switch on the back to choose an octave and slide your fingers up and down to play different notes. Open the Otamatone's mouth with a squeeze to change the sound from a hum to an “ahh” and create a “Wah Wah” effect.
A perfect toy for lovers of all things cute, silly, and weird, the Otamatone also makes a great gag gift and a unique and amusing gift for violinists and other musicians.
NOTE*** Due to display differences, actual colors may vary slightly from what appears online.